Monday, June 24, 2013

Here we go.

I remember the first time I touched a camera pretty clearly. I was five. It was 1998 and my family and I were taking a vacation to New York City. My parents gave my three older sisters and I one disposable camera each. We were to use it throughout the trip and fill up a little leather photo album when we got them developed later on. I crossed through the gate at the airport and used up all 24 shots within 45 minutes. It was like something woke up. Everything suddenly had the potential to last forever.
My name is Alannah Bowlus, I'm a Utah-based conceptual portraiture photographer. I learned most of what I know about photography by doing self-portraits; mostly because pictures of flowers and sunsets don't interest me and I didn't have a lot of people that were willing to model for me. I am eternally inspired by honesty and natural beauty.
Self-promotion has never been something that has never come natural. Especially self-promotion in an industry that is both terribly competitive and misunderstood. But everyone's got to get out of their comfort zone eventually, right? I've gotten to a point in my growth where I am confident and ready to put myself out there. So this is me, taking a leap and hoping I land somewhere good.




No comments:

Post a Comment